Our 401(k) Auditors are problem solvers. They are responsible for completing an audit from beginning to end and will complete 20-25 401(k) audits a year, mostly from May through October. This role is client-facing and requires the 401(k) Auditor to be able to adapt to different personalities and to communicate not just with the client, but also the clients’ (potentially multiple) providers.
Our expectations of our 401(k) Auditors
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Completing of planning activities including risk assessment and test plan preparation
- Corresponding with client and TPA for information and questions as needed
- Drafting audit report and related schedules
- Preparing various work papers and schedules as needed
- Managing multiple priorities and audits (time management is critical)
- Helping with business (and personal) tax returns during tax season; not to exceed 40 hours/week during this time; no prior experience required
- Works well under pressure
- 2080-hour work year (40 hours per week * 52 weeks) can be done in any manner; typically, more time required during audit season of May through October
- Working in a world-class distributed / remote team environment
- Flexible schedule, can work around family functions
- Technology stipend to cover home office expenses
- Education stipend
- Health insurance, 401(k) match, disability insurance, incentive program, HSA (full-time)
- We’ll cover any certification or state and national licenses / dues
- Reimbursement for CPA review course and up to 4 exam sittings
- $54,000 - $76,000 annually commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience.
Our application requires that you use Chrome.
We recommend you use a stable internet connection, preferably on WiFi to ensure you don't lose connection when interviewing or uploading your video question responses.
You are able to complete video responses and interview on mobile devices or computers and generally it is easier to process on a computer/laptop.
Make sure that you are able to accept the permissions for your computer/device to have your microphone and camera enabled.
Note: All positions require (at minimum) a Bachelor's degree. You must be legal authorized to work in the US.